Do you have lacklustre teeth that have been stained by eating and drinking certain food and beverages like wine, coffee and tea? Cosmetic teeth whitening performed by your Kaplan Dental Clinic dentists in West Toronto can help restore your smile and make it brighter than ever before.
Find out What Type of Teeth Whitening is Right For You
Before you buy any over the counter whitening kits, it is best to consult your dentist about what whitening procedure is right for you.
Causes of Tooth Discolouration
Yellow or discoloured teeth can affect your self-confidence and the overall appearance of your smile. Knowing the causes of tooth discolouration can help prevent yellowing and ensure the longevity of your bright smile.
The following are the most common causes of discolouration:
- Certain foods & drinks – coffee, tea, sugary drinks & wine
- Poor dental hygiene
- Certain medications
- Disease – several diseases can affect the enamel of your tooth
If you are interested in teeth whitening, Kaplan Dental Clinic is here to review your situation and recommend the whitening that is most suitable for your situation.
Types of Teeth Whitening:
- A professional cleaning by your dentist or hygienist
- A whitening toothpaste
- An at-home whitening gel or strips
- In-office or at home bleaching
- Veneers or bonding for severe damage and discolouration