At Kaplan Dental Clinic in West Toronto, we offer tooth extractions to help preserve the health of your mouth and prevent future tooth and jaw problems.
If you think you require an extraction, please book your appointment with us today.
Following the Tooth Extraction Procedure:
After your extraction, your mouth will likely remain numb for a few hours due to the local anesthetic. Your dentist will then send you home to recover. The following are some tips to help aid in your recovery:
- Take painkillers as prescribed
- Apply ice or a cold compress to the affected area to prevent swelling
- Limit your physical activity for 24-48 hours
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water
- Do not drink from a straw for 24 hours
- Do not smoke
- Eat soft foods
- Continue to brush, but avoid the extraction site
After your procedure at Kaplan Dental Clinic, if you experience any pain or discomfort, or if you feel there is a problem, contact us and we will be happy to help you.